Wednesday, August 10, 2011

5 weeks, 4 days

The baby is starting to grow arms & is about 1/4 inch long.

I have my own business. I make widgets and sell them on the internet. I also have a 5yo. So I'm busy. And I'm behind, trying to catch up this week. I'm coming to realize that I can't post every detail every day, but I'll do what I can.

This weekend was awful for my diet (and by diet I mean "what I'm eating" not "trying to lose weight"). We went to visit family and for all of Saturday and half of Sunday there was nothing that wasn't made with animal protein. I did the best I could. Monday morning, my bp was up to 136/80.

But since we've been home, I've been the model nutritarian. Here are my stats for this morning:

260.4 pounds
120/68 = blood pressure at 7:18am
69 = heart rate


I'd love to see my bp in perfect range (less than 118/80) first thing in the morning and less than 120/80 in the afternoons. So far if I've checked in the afternoons it's in the 130-145 range/80. Not good. And my first doctor's appointment is at 2pm, so I assume if it were today it would be elevated. I've got until next Tuesday, so we'll see what I can do between now and then.


On my plate today will be smoothie with kale, big lunch salad, and leftover Tamale Casserole from the Happy Herbivore cookbook. That's a good recipe, but I just used salt-free canned tomatoes instead of salsa (couldn't find low/no-salt salsa at the grocery on Monday) and reduced the salt in the cornbread topping to 1/4 tsp. It was still tasty and I'd definitely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment